How to remove Black Molds in the Bathroom



Leave a Comment


My washroom sink has this issue of black molds growing at the side. After some observation, I realized these are the spots where water is trapped whenever we use the basin. I refused to use the popular way of using bleach to treat the problem, since bleach is really toxic, and I read that what it does is simply bleaching the area so you don't see the mold, but not really treating the issue. I refused to buy the commercial mold remover in the supermarkets since they are loaded with toxic chemicals as well. Hence, I started my quest of experimenting with natural ways to solve this moldy issue. Did a search, and some ways that people have suggested, and I've tried and tested:

1. Vinegar
How? Spray the area with vinegar, allow it to air dry and repeat every week. 
My verdict: This doesn't work for me, or maybe I'm not patient to try it long enough. and it smells terrible, especially when you are brushing your teeth every morning. not the best way to start your morning.

2. Baking Soda
How? Mix baking soda with water to form a paste (around 50/50 ratio). Apply on the area affected by molds. let it sit in it for a while (I'll usually let it sit for a few days), then scrub it with a old toothbrush. Repeat the aboove a few times.
My verdict: It works. I can see the black molds lightening each time. But you need patience. Depending on how bad/old the mold situation is, you will probably need to do this a couple of times.

3. Tea Tree + Baking Soda
How? Spread tea tree oil on the affected area, and cover with baking soda paste.
My verdict: So far, this has the most effective results, and I can see the lightening of the molds alot faster than just using baking soda alone.

Natural solutions are usually quite mild since they doesn't contain harsh chemicals, so don't expect instant results. You'll need patience, and do it a couple of times. but for health, and a toxic-free enviroment, it's definitely worth it. :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment