Homemade Bread - Normal White Bread



Leave a Comment
So, this is my second attempt after the disasterous first attempt. I decide to read the instruction guide thoroughly and follow it to the letter. The instruction guide also includes some basic recipes and below is baked using it. This is the most traditional, normal white bread, If this is your first attempt, I'll suggest you go with this first, since it's the simplest.


Tahdah! still in the bread container.




Freshly out from the breadmaker! It smells extremely good, and it's so tempting to cut a slice to eat cos it smells so good. advice: don't. it's better, and easier to cut when the bread has completely cooled. Else you'll end up with lots of crumbs.


This is what happen when you are ganjiong like me and cut it without letting it cool. You can't blame me though. It's my first successful loaf of bread and it smells so darn good!

Here's the recipe I used, from the instruction booklet that came with the bread maker. I modified slightly, and used milk, instead of water + milk powder:

Makes 450g bread

Ingredients
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 250g bread flour
  • 50g sugar
  • 4g yeast
  • 100ml milk
  • 30g butter
  • 30g egg (I use I egg)
Instruction
  1. Add milk and egg.
  2. Add salt to a corner of the container. Be careful that the salt does not come into contact with the yeast later
  3. Add sugar and butter
  4. Add flour. Cover all the liquid
  5. Make a small hole on the flour, and pour in the yeast
  6. Set the setting to start making bread
  7. Wait for around 3 hours and your bread is ready!







0 comments:

Post a Comment