Berry Good Morning Smoothie



Leave a Comment

I love smoothies and I wonder what took me so long to get accquinted with it. I love playing around and mixing different fruits and vegetables together, and see what color and taste it become. It reminds me of Chemistry class back in school, and i love it. Other than the pleasure I get from playing with all the mixes, I love how it taste and how it feel after. I'm always amazed by how a class of smoothie can keep me full the whole morning, without that fullness feeling. It's a glass full of goodness, with all the vitamins, nutrients and fibre. Considering all the ingredients that go into that glass of smoothie, I probably shouldn't be too surprised how filling it is. Since there's a possibilty we can get overboard adding too much goodies into the blender, and end up with overloading calories, I'm always careful to keep everything in moderation.

I tried this berry smoothie yesterday morning, after a heavy buffet dinner to celebrate the husband's the day before. Woke up feeling guilty and need to detox, so I decide to make a smoothie. Here's what i used. since I've used some berries, out of a sudden inspiration, I decide to call it "Berry Good Morning Smoothie!"

Berry Good Morning Smoothie

Ingredients
1 cup homemade yogurt
1 cup baby spinach
4 strawberries
handful of blueberries*
3 slices beetroot
2 stalks celery
1 tablespoon chia seed
1 tablespoon black sesame seed

Instructions:
Put the above in blender and blend!

*sidetrack: NTUC & Cold Storage are running promotions on their blueberries so this is a good time to stock up. NTUC is currently selling at $2.55/box. I bought a couple of boxes and leave them in the freezer to make my own frozen berries.

Benefits:

Yogurt
I made my yogurt using low-fat milk. Yogurt is a good source of calcium, contains probiotics & good bacteria that help regulate our digestion and strengthen our immune system.

Baby Spinach
Baby Spinach is low in calories, and high in vitamin A, vitamin K and folate. If your family do not like veggies, adding in spinach in smoothies is a good way to sneak in greens into their diet since there's practically no taste!

Strawberries
Strawberries needs no introduction. These pretty berries are rich in the essential nutrients vitamin C, potassium, folic acid and fiber.

Blueberries
Blueberries is very rich in anti oxidants like Anthocyanin, vitamin C, B complex, vitamin E, vitamin A, copper, selenium, zinc, iron and iron. Blueberries are good for boosting your immune system and prevent infections.

Beetroot
I must admit beets have a unique taste that need time to grow into. Fortunately, when you mix it with everything else, it's not that bad. Beetroot is an excellent source of folic acid and a very good source of fibre, manganese and potassium. Beets also help to stimulate the liver's detoxification processes. Beets also add a very beautiful wine-like color to your drink!

Celery
Celery is low in calories, reduces inflammation, and helps regulate the body's alkaline balance.

Chia Seed
This very popular superfood is rich in calcium, omega 3, protein and fibre.

Black Sesame Seed
Black sesame seed is an excellent source of copper and a very good source of manganese, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc, molybdenum, selenium, and dietary fiber. It's also known to reverse grey hair and improve skin tone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment